An EDB is a database format created by Microsoft Exchange Server to store mail-related items. Whereas a Personal Storage Table (PST) is a file format of Microsoft Outlook that holds items such as calendars, events, contacts, email messages, etc. Therefore, EDB files cannot be opened directly in the MS Outlook platform. Here are the step-by-step instructions in this article to convert EDB to PST using the converter tool.
What are the main reasons to export EDB to PST files?
- Sometimes, users export EDB to PST files for backup purposes.
- Keeping the PST file seems a better option in this type of situation when the mailbox cannot be recovered due to maintenance of the Exchange Server.
- In that case, you need to import items from the Exchange EDB file to a PST file if you want to open the EDB file in Outlook.
- Migrating EDB to PST reduces mailbox size and improves the performance of the Exchange Server.
Limitations of Manual Method
- It does not support newer versions of Exchange Server.
- Good technical background required.
- High-risk loss of information during EDB to PST conversion.
- Damaged EDB files cannot be repaired.
Method: Automatic Tool – EDB to PST Converter
This application allows users to easily convert EDB files to PST, Office 365, Live Exchange and many other file formats. It enables users to preview multiple EDB files at once and export all of them to PST file format without any issues.
1: Download EDB to PST Converter tool. If you have purchased license key, activate full version of software and migrate single or multiple EDB files to PST without any limitation. Otherwise, use the free demo version.
*Note: Only 50 items per folder can be converted to PST file in the free demo version.
2: Now open the software > Click on Add EDB button > Tab on Browse and click on OK.
3: Another window is open; this will take you to a display window where you can see the EDB items. Now tap on Export Multiple > Choose Outlook PST.
4: Add all files > Click on Next button.
5: Click on Export & Create New PST Files > Browse a location > Set a password if required > Click Next.
6: Apply Filter (Optional) > Next > Again Next button.
7: When the process is complete, tap OK
Features of EDB to PST Conversion Tool
- Tool repairs, recovers, and exports corrupted/dismounted EDB files to PST.
- Exchange Server is not required to perform the conversion..
- No technical background is required.
- There is no size limit in EDB to PST converter tool, users can browse EDB file of any size.
- Maintains the same hierarchy of folders.
Here I have described a precise automated way to migrate Exchange EDB to Outlook. Manual technique to convert EDB to PST is not completely safe while EDB to PST Converter converts complete mailboxes. It is the best tool that you can see using with the help of this article and it is user friendly as well.