Hi everyone, as you know Outlook is a desktop based email client offers by Microsoft Organization to share & maintain users’ email databases. It offers multiple other advanced features that attract to use of MS Outlook. On other hand, Gmail is a cloud-based email client offered by Google which is easy to operate and free for everyone. Outlook email client which provides a higher level of security than Gmail Account. So, most of the client wants to configure Gmail account in Outlook. Here we will discuss all setup methods of Gmail account in Outlook.
Why Do We Need to Configure Gmail in Outlook?
- Outlook is a highly secured client email server platform
- MS Outlook acts as a mediator between the email server and the user and the organization.
- Microsoft Outlook is used as a professional email client and connected in almost every organization
Steps to Configure Gmail Account in Outlook:-
Now, The steps you need to follow up in configuring a Gmail account in Outlook are:-
1: Allow IMAP in Gmail Account:-
A:- Open your Gmail account in browser windows and find the settings.
B:- In the settings, you will get the “Forwarding and IMAP/POP” tab and choose the “enable IMAP for all mails” option and apply for save changes.
2: Enables Less Secure Apps Setting Before Configure Gmail account in Outlook:-
Now you have to enable the security option by visiting the link “less secure app access” page
3: Configure Gmail account in Outlook 2013:-
A: Now open MS Outlook and click on “File” tab and hit on “+ New Account” or if you didn’t access Outlook before, start with the wizard mode.
B: In Add Account, select “Manual setup or additional server types” and click on Next.
C: Now choose the service “POP or IMAP” option and click on Next.
D: In POP and IMAP Account Settings. Here Fill these details:-
- In the User Information section, write your name & your Gmail Address.
- NowIn the Server Information, select Account Type IMAP from the drop-down and Add incoming mail server “imap.gmail.com” and Outgoing mail server “smtp.gmail.com”.
- Go to the Login section to enter your Gmail address in username and type your password in the password section.
E: Choose More Settings Tab and Go to Outgoing Server and enable “My Outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication” check-box.
F: In More settings Tab visit to Advance Option and provide details:-
- Here provide Incoming Server (IMAP) Port No. 993 and also provide server requires an encrypted connection (SSL).
- Provide Outgoing Server (SMTP) Port No. 25 and Apart from this select Auto in “Use the following type of encrypted connection”
- Uncheck Leave a copy of messages on the server option then hit on OK.
G: Now, click on the Next button and wait for some moments to configure it.
H: After completion of the test account setting close the wizard.
At The End:- All the above steps will help you to easily configure Gmail account in Outlook 2013 and later. The Whole Process is described in the easiest and fastest way. Hope you can perform all these activities easily.